Unwind at Home With a DIY Spa Night
It doesn’t take a lot of money and time to have a relaxing spa-like experience at home that will leave you feeling refreshed and renewed. Carve out a little time this week and follow these simple steps to destress, detox and restart.
- Set the mood for relaxation with gentle music and a calming fragrance. You can light a candle, spray a mist or turn on an essential oil diffuser, but choose a scent that helps you feel centered and at peace. Try BECHILL Essential Oil Candle with hints of soothing vanilla and clove leaf or UNWIND Pure Essential Oil Blend with calming essences of sage, bergamot and orange.
- Prepare hair for a rejuvenating deep treatment by first detoxing hair and scalp with a clarifying cleanser like Urgent Repair Shampoo that will help stimulate scalp and remove damaging buildup caused by product, chemicals, minerals and pollutants.
- Once hair is clean, remove excess water and slather on Urgent Repair Treatment, an intensive protein-rich restructuring mask. Comb through and clip hair up giving plenty of time for the treatment to work it’s magic. You can even put a shower cap over top to trap heat and increase benefits.
- With hair up and out of the way, remove makeup. On clean skin apply your favorite face mask for total head to toe therapy.
- Run a warm bath and add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to the running water. We love DESTRESS Pure Essential Oil Blend with soothing lavender and cedarwood for a deep sense of relaxation and tranquility.
- Soak in a warm relaxing tub and take a few deep breaths sending positive energy throughout your body. Think about all of the wonderful things you have to be grateful for, no matter how small. This is time to treat yourself physically and mentally.
- After your luxurious bath, you should be feeling refreshed and pampered. Lock in all over hydration with Beautifying Serum. This unique oil complex can be used on hair, skin and scalp for superb moisture. For a less intense body moisturizer, mix a few drops into your normal lotion instead of applying directly to skin.
- Wrap yourself in your fluffiest robe and softest slippers and spend some time under a cozy blanket with a journal, a good book or just your favorite herbal tea. It’s important to remember through all of the daily stresses that come with life to take some time to recharge.
“It is so important to take time for yourself and find clarity. The most important relationship is the one you have with yourself.” - Diane Von Furstenberg