Eufora Color Development Manager conjures up the perfect Pumpkin Spice Copper.
Nothing says fall in a more beautiful fashion than seasonal tricks for colorists that will conjure up a captivating coppery, pumpkin spice hue. This isn’t your evil stepmother’s dreadful copper penny home brew. Eufora’s Pumpkin Spice Copper is hauntingly dimensional and a head turning treat for all who dare to wear it.
The #1 trick to captivating coppers? According to Eufora Color Development Manager Joanne Rempel, “You must get your base to Level 7. That’s where orange and copper live naturally in underlying pigment. From there, it’s a matter of layering tone-on-tone for a coppery result that even the cleverest client couldn’t conjure up at home.”
To create the perfect Pumpkin Spice Copper, Joanne shares her proven 4-step process.
Step 1: It’s all about the base. (The model was a Natural Level 7.)
EuforaColor Base Formula:
(1:1.5 mixing ratio)
- 30-grams Low Ammonia 9.32/9GV (this will lift the natural base, helping expose natural orange underlying pigment)
- 10-grams No Ammonia 7.44/7CC (this will give an intense punch to the copper tonality)
- 1-gram Low Ammonia Yellow Creative Pigment (this brightens up the tone and gives it depth)
- 62-grams Universal Cream Developer, 20 Volume/6% (this gives enough power to get hair to a light Level 7 – if a Natural Level 6, use 30 Volume/9%)
Apply this “full strength” at the base (first 2-3 inches) and then dilute the formula with 50% No Ammonia Clear Shine Dilute and apply to mids and ends. Process fully and wash/rinse (do not condition).
Step 2: Pre-Lighten panels with foil.
The devil is in the details. At the top of the head, create 5 or 6 diagonal forward slices going against her natural part from the top of the crown to the hairline. On the sides, create 3 or 4 diagonal forward slices from the mastoid process to the side front hairline.
AloeLite Pre-Lighten Formula;
(1:1.5 mixing ratio)
- 10-grams AloeLite Cream Lightener
- 15-grams Universal Cream Developer 10 Volume/3%
Process to pale yellow and wash/rinse (do not condition).
Step 3: Tone for dimension.
This step will require 2 toning formulas. Don’t give up, extra energy here will yield the frightfully brilliant results.
EuforaColor Toning Formula for the top.
(1:2 mixing ratio)
- 15-grams No Ammonia 8.32/8GV (for a golden violet reflection)
- 3-grams No Ammonia 6.5/6M (for an added mahogany undertone)
- 36-grams Universal Cream Developer 10 Volume/6% (this will lock in the tone and prevent a hollow result)
EuforaColor Toning Formula for the sides.
(1:2 mixing ratio)
- 10-grams No Ammonia 5.22/5VV (for an intense violet reflection)
- 10-grams No Ammonia Clear Shine Dilute (to “amp-up” intensity while toning down opacity)
- 40-grams Universal Cream Developer 10 Volume/6% (this will lock in the tone and prevent a hollow result)
Process toner for a full 20 minutes to ensure full saturation that lasts. Wash/rinse once processed (do not condition).
Step 4: Get lasting results with a demi-permanent float of EuforaColor Artisan Direct Dye.
Artisan Tangerine Zest Floating Formula:
- 8-parts Artisan Sunflower Yellow
- 1-part Artisan Citrus Orange
Globally apply for a massive infusion of reflective shine and color. Process for 20 full minutes, then thoroughly rinse and condition (do not shampoo).
Turning out a custom color like Pumpkin Spice Copper is what separates a novice stylist from a master colorist, and is exactly the type of color service that provides the power to command premium prices. A little patience with this Pumpkin Spice Copper brew, and colorists are guaranteed to deliver spell-binding results. No trick there, this is all treat. In fact, Eufora encourages all colorists to give this a try, then share the hauntingly beautiful results @eufora.pro.
In a category that’s crowded with rampant brand over promising, the Eufora voice stands out as honest, real and personal. It takes its cues from the vision of company founders, Don and Beth Bewley, who, in 1997, started a hair care company built on a foundation of passion, integrity and caring for the professional salon world. Today Eufora is recognized globally for a vision that extends beyond the innovation of people and planet friendly products, delivering on a promise to provide incomparable leadership programs and technical training to nurture and grow the next generation of salon professionals. For more information or to find a Eufora Salon please visit www.eufora.net.
1 (800) 6-eufora
Download the PDF >>